iTRAC


Yesterday I attended iTRAC in Wichita. iTRAC stands for Innovative Technology to Recharge and Connect. You can find more out about it and view photos from the conference on their Facebook page. If you would like to play "find Carol" I am in a couple of the photos.

This was the first conference put on by iTRAC and they did a great job! iPad use was an overall theme and the conference team had them available for "check out". For a quick exchange of my drivers license I was able to use one of their iPads for the day (I had debated between computer or iPad and opted for my computer...sadly). Conference session descriptions were available on an app called Eventbase. I really like the use of an app in this way! Not only does it save money/paper, it was having us utilize the iPads. I really appreciated the application as well as the content presentation.


There were a total of five sessions with at least six topic choices with in each session along with a keynote. I would attend this one again! However, next time I would BYOD (bring my own device). I have to compliment them, however, on how well organized and smooth the process of borrowing their device was.

Having borrowed their device, for the first time I utilized Evernote for all my note taking. It had been preloaded onto the iPads, and having an account already, I figured I would give it a try. I really liked the ability to type notes and integrate photos. All of my notes are available if you would like to have a look at them.



Session 3: iPad Projection Made Simple!

Keynote: So you got an iPad...now what?
This is a guy to connect with! He had lots of great tips, tricks, and other information.

Session 4: Technology without Tears (no notes...all about Atomic Learning)
Key advice was to ask the company for a trial if you are thinking about using it.

Session 5: Cloud Computing at NCAT - Replacing Local Computers with Microsoft Terminal Services (no notes...this was not what I thought and over my head....basic idea was Remote Desktop use.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

Finding new uses for old books