Zombie-based Learning?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/16/learning-zombies-geography
Really?

Maybe I am the only one that when I see this my parental antenna goes up. Honestly when I see something like this it makes me say "this is why we send our girls to private school".

Don't get me wrong, I understand the idea and rational. In fact I support it. I strongly agree that there is a benefit to allowing study within student interests. I believe that problem based learning is a powerful teaching method.

But where do we draw the line? 

Not all students...let alone families...will be comfortable with zombie apocalypse as a way to study geography. I think we have to be careful.

On the surface this has a lot of positive and sound methodology. According to this article the teacher has been featured on Ted Talks He even has a "kickstarter" site (the aim is to fund the curriculum development). And if that wasn't enough....it is standard's based! Lot's of current, hot topic stuff here.

But again where do we draw the line? 

What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

Return of....