The Pain in Change

Getting past the pain in change... The title of the Facebook post caught my attention. It put words to some of my feelings lately. My last post talked about all the changes we have going on in our lives. And with those changes there have been moments of "pain". 

Pain (not physical) of jumping through hoops of getting a house bought. 

Growing pains of being stretched to learn new things and take on new roles.

Pain of "loss" at times for the way things used to be...comfort.

Enter the blog....
The following quotes are from Proverbs 31 devotions and can be found in full at
http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/getting-past-the-pain-of-change/

"It seems God often needs to change someone’s position so they can see things in a fresh way. In today’s key verse, Jesus had more to show three of the disciples, so He led them up a high mountain by themselves. A place away from others. A place not easily accessible. But a place where He would change their perspective. Here, before their very eyes Jesus’ face shone like the sun, and they heard God speak: “This is my Son” (Matthew 17:5a, NIV).

When the disciples had a change in their position, they experienced a change in their perspective on who Jesus was. It’s possible their self-perspective changed as well.

Can you see an area where your position is changing? It may be in your responsibilities as a mom, a new job, at home or in your calling. In this new place, your loving Father wants to show you His perspective of who He is and what He wants to do in you and through you. Open your heart past the pain of change and ask God to change your perspective to see Him in this new place.

Lord, often change is painful and what I want isn’t always what’s best for me. Soften my heart to see past this pain and to see Your heart toward me. Give me Your perspective. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Oh, my! How true is the statement "what I want isn't always best for me". Cause I'll be honest....I want comfort, consistency. This change is uncomfortable, challenging, and a little humbling.

In the end it isn't about me...it is about what God wants to do in and through me. I want my perspective to change. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

idi0t?