Brand Building Rapid Rundown

Over the last few posts I've been exploring "The Complete Guide to Building a Personal Brand". Today I'd like to wrap that up with a rapid rundown of the last chapters.

Chapter 4: How to Build Your Brand Through Outreach
Chapter 5: How to Get Free Press Coverage
Chapter 6: How to Connect with Mentors
Chapter 7: How to Monitor Your Brand

That was rapid :)

Now seriously....
These chapters talk about gaining exposure to your brand through various methods. One goal I would take from this is to guest blog for someone. This is a goal I am setting for myself as I continue to develop my brand and blog.
Another topic, free press and free brand/blog exposure is easily achieved with social media. And the power of connections is evident here.
Connecting with mentors is possible via social media as well. However, I see real value in connecting with those that you can see in person (at least once in awhile). I've begun to watch presenters in a different way. Especially those that I admire! Watching how the interact, present, etc.

Chapter 8: ........That is one for another blog. The last blog in the series!

Recap of gained goals:
1. Develop my blog and brand for guest blogging appearances.
2. Be more purposeful in connecting online and in person.
3. Connect with mentors in a more purposeful way to build my brand.
4. Monitor my brand as it develops.
5. (and the topic for the next blog) Be Myself Because Everyone Else is Taken

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

idi0t?