STEAM Maker Learning

Podstock PreCon

STEAM
S -science
T -tinkering
E -engenering
A -aesthetics
M -mathamatics

The goal today...
Make/build something that you are proud of....And have a maker mindset

Modules included:
  • Fabrics and wearable
  • Music tech
  • Robotics
  • Coding
  • Electricity & circuitry
  • 3D model & printing
  • Wind energy
  • Rocketry & fluid dynamics
  • Textiles
Here are the things I made:

1. Steampunk shirt using bleach

2. Steampunk laptop "cover"

3. Hummingbird Robotics Project
*Thankful for my new friends working with me on this project! The picture on the right shows our program for the lights to come on.

4. I played with 3D printing software - Tynkercad and watched 3D printers in action.




















5. I helped a friend create a potato bag and others understand what a potato bag is :)
















Other learning--
I found that I chose the first projects based on comfort. Either someone I knew was involved or it was easy to join in.

I turned away from some projects due to lack of a "buddy". Thankful for those who pulled me in to the final group project of the Hummingbird. There were many that were best done with others (by design). 

I need to continue to push myself out of my shyness and comfort zone. Attending alone doesn't mean that I have to be alone. Just because someone doesn't invite you into their "group", doesn't mean that you can't invite yourself (ask if you could join). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

Return of....