STEAM Maker Learning
The goal today...
Make/build something that you are proud of....And have a maker mindset
- Fabrics and wearable
- Music tech
- Electricity & circuitry
- 3D model & printing
- Wind energy
- Rocketry & fluid dynamics
Here are the things I made:
1. Steampunk shirt using bleach
2. Steampunk laptop "cover"
3. Hummingbird Robotics Project
*Thankful for my new friends working with me on this project! The picture on the right shows our program for the lights to come on.
4. I played with 3D printing software - Tynkercad and watched 3D printers in action.
5. I helped a friend create a potato bag and others understand what a potato bag is :)
I found that I chose the first projects based on comfort. Either someone I knew was involved or it was easy to join in.
I turned away from some projects due to lack of a "buddy". Thankful for those who pulled me in to the final group project of the Hummingbird. There were many that were best done with others (by design).
I need to continue to push myself out of my shyness and comfort zone. Attending alone doesn't mean that I have to be alone. Just because someone doesn't invite you into their "group", doesn't mean that you can't invite yourself (ask if you could join).