Two Months Home

It really is amusing to me that life does seem pre- and post- academy. And here I am two months post academy. It wasn't that long ago that we were counting down the months/days to the academy itself. Now here I am "post academy" and changed for the better.
"Creative confidence is a way of seeing that potential and your place in the world more clearly, unclouded by anxiety and doubt." (p11)
Returning home, has been hard....reality at times smacks you in the face. Life's day in and out tends to push the innovative to the back burner.
"Many of us get stuck between wanting to act and taking action. The uncertainty of the uncharted path ahead can be daunting. Sometimes it feels as if circumstances are conspiring against us, and we find ourselves riveted in place." (p119)
And unfortunately, our mentor matching has been delayed now...twice. It has brought with it a little "let down" in the momentum. I find myself waiting on my project at times for my mentor, but also for this or that. We should learn soon who our mentor is and then "party" in January (Mentor Match Party--online).

But fortunately, my team has continued to meet monthly. There is something about seeing their supportive faces that re-ignites some innovation!
"When people transcend the fears that block their creativity, all sorts of new possibilities emerge. Instead of being paralyzed by the prospect of failure, they see every experience as an opportunity they can learn from. The need for control keeps some people stuck at the planning stage of a project. With creative confidence, they become comfortable with uncertainty and are able to leap into action. Instead of resigning themselves to the status quo, or what others have told them to do, they are freed to speak their mind and challenge existing ways of doing things. They act with greater courage, and have more persistence in tackling obstacles." (p10)
I have stuck with my November goal of research however! ðŸŽ‰
I purchased two books: Creative Confidence by Tom and David Kelley --I have a lot of favorite quotables from Creative Confidence -- as you can see mingled throughout this blog--
& Work Rules by Laszlo Bock. In addition, I've been looking over Google's Culture of Innovation Guide and Peer Expert Hub: How to Run a G2G Program.
"In our experience, the best way to gain confidence in your creative ability is through action--taken one step at a time--through experiencing a series of small successes." (p246)
Next month my personal goal is to talk with my brother about the potential of him helping me with the project. I think he could help with the "database" component of the project. And it actually is my December "roadmap" goal of gathering resources!
"In other words, to ultimately reach a creative breakthrough, you just need to start, regardless of small failures that may occur along the way." (p122)
It might be the next hurdle that will begin to push the project forward....so stay tuned :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

idi0t?