5 in 30

Day 5 of 30 days of blogging.

As I continue in my burned-out to burned-in journey, this next chapter is "reflect on your challenges". 
"What I want to help you understand on this stop on your journey out of burnout is WHY are the things that are challenging you really challenging you?"
 Amber challenges readers to make a list or both personal and professional "challenges" and then ask why it is a challenge. Then ask "Can I truly control this?"
"Worrying and stressing about things you can’t truly control isn’t good for anyone. Losing sleep over those types of challenges won’t help them to get solved and won’t help you to be your best self in the morning."
I have to laugh a little, this is exactly where I am in my life journey...or at least the place that I was. Last week, I was the above quote...worrying and stressing a lot over things that I couldn't control. I tried to control them, but it wasn't my job to do so...if that makes sense.

I think it was through one of the Burned-In Podcasts that I was reminded of the Serenity Prayer. And here again in this chapter, Amber mentions it again...
“God, give me the serenity to accept the things I can’t change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
Sharing this with a friend, she sent me this image.... 
HA! Some truth in that!!

I've been trying to put the serenity prayer in action more....letting go of what I cannot control. Plus do an attitude check on myself throughout the day -- sometimes hourly :)

It has made a difference! And hear me...adjustments hourly (and maybe more)...a definite work in progress. The goal is to not be stuck in the muck of negativity, frustration, and total burned-out-ness. I don't doubt there will be better and worse days. I'm just trying my best to face where I am with a different outlook of what I can and can't control....and letting go of what I can't. The hardest is realizing what is and isn't.

The time to reflect on this all is priceless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

idi0t?