A new dream, but still technically speaking

The end of the 2020-2021 schools year—April brought an interview and ultimately two offers of employment. 
Neither position in education. 

This was the first time in YEARS considering positions outside of education.

I’d had my “dream” position. 
I’d achieved a lot in my educational career…
Apple Teacher
Google for Education Certified Trainer
ISTE Certified Educator
Making IT Happen Leader Award Winner
Google for Education Innovator

And I chose a position that wasn’t with a school/district. 

There have been times I’ve wondered if I was letting down those achievements by making the change out of education. Even the bio I’ve used for years, didn’t seem to fit any longer. A huge part of who I am/was - was tied to education.

I love my new position! Love it…yet, I still have a few lingering thoughts of where I now belong now within the educational community. 

But I’ve realized I will always have a place and belong...just in new ways/levels. I will always have a heart and passion for education, teachers, and instructional technology. 

Many of the skills I’ve developed over the years were exactly what I needed for my new career as a project manager. (Bonus: we have several districts as clients and I have a special connection with them.) 

I have always liked that I can speak on an understandable level for the technology needs of those I work with. In that, I will continue to be "technically speaking"!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

idi0t?