Prezi

As promised her is my report on my Prezi exploration. I know that you have been waiting for it :)....whoever "you" might be.


Prezi is worth the time that it takes to learn how to use it. I did need to watch their tutorial videos. However, they are good, short, and very visual. Once you have watched their tutorials, a good place to start is with their reusable (copyable) templates. They will give you a good sense of what you can do with Prezi. I think that I will use several of these templates for my initial use.

I did create one original. I have debated sharing it....only because then I have to explain why I made it. Not that it is a big secret, but not something that I was going to talk about unless I end up chosen....oh, well. I have applied for the Google Teacher's Academy that will be held in Washington in July. Only 50....yes 50...are chosen for this honor. Part of the application process is to create an original video on a particular topic. I chose "classroom innovation" and used a combination of Prezi and screen recording (Screencast-O-Matic).

Once the Prezi was created, I used the screen recording of Screencast-O-Matic. I actually recorded the "presentation" of the Prezi. The recording was then uploaded to my You Tube account and linked to the application from there. It can be viewed by clicking here.

The applications had to be in by the 16th (I think I stumbled on it around the 5th) and I will be notified by the end of the month if chosen. Not sure what the chance is, but it was worth applying. It would be absolutely thrilling to be chosen and would really "set" me apart in the educational tech world! The presentation is nothing fancy, but it does show my use of technology in several different ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

Return of....