6 in 30

Day 6 of 30 days of blogging.

Yesterday I was incredibly blessed by teacher friends within the district -- hugs, words of affirmation, smiles, and more. They are the heart of what I do and where my passion is for sure.

Continuing my journey from Burned-out to Burned-in
Chapter 4: Nurture Your Strengths

In this section, the first question to consider is what your personality type is...
I really like the https://www.16personalities.com/ quiz. Just for fun I completed it a 2nd time and ended up with the same result from the last -- Defender.

And what all does that mean?
The results are broken down into six categories:

  • Strengths & Weaknesses
  • Romantic Relationships
  • Friendships
  • Parenthood
  • Career Paths
  • Workplace Habits

"Once you realize the potential that's created from having solid knowledge and results to fall back on, you can move forward in your life in ways that you never even imagined!"
Defender Strengths & Weaknesses

Strengths

Weakness
  • Supportive
  • Reliable & patient
  • Imaginative & observant
  • Enthusiastic
  • Loyal & hard-working
  • Good practical skills
  • Humble & shy
  • Take things personally
  • Repress their feelings
  • Overload themselves
  • Reluctant to change
  • Too altruistic 

Reflection -- Wow! As I take a look at the listed "weaknesses"...it is like a check sheet with checkmarks having a party. ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅


Workplace Habits
Here are the statements that stand out as I read through....
-Defenders share the goal of putting good service and dedication above all else.
-Relied on and respected for their patience and commitment, Defender personalities really only seek one reward for their work: the satisfaction of knowing that whoever they helped feels heartfelt thanks.
-Though perfectly capable of accepting change, Defenders must feel that it’s for the right reasons. If a policy change results in disappointed customers, Defenders take it very personally.
-Defenders can become overburdened and stressed.

The stuff is almost scary accurate! A mix of feeling understood, yet creeped out!

However, what I'm finding in this journey is I need to HONESTLY look at each piece of who I am and what is going on. Acknowledge weakness and strength. Be open with myself and others as well. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

Finding new uses for old books