Da..Ta..Da....

That would be the sound of a horn in the title...in case you missed it.

In fact, to be exact it is the sound of me tooting my own horn!

I've always tried to avoid tooting my own horn. However, I am finding out that sometimes you have to showcase your talents.





Take a job interview.

In order to apply for the job, you list your accomplishments. Then, if chosen, the interview is a time to showcase just why you are the best person to fill the position. And really even if you are not chosen it can be a valuable reflective time.

Take the ISTE SIGTE Award in Teacher Education


Note the first line....nominate yourself....

AKA "toot your own horn" time.

So toot I did!






I may not receive the award, but it did feel good to be a part of the process. A process that had me look at what I do well (a bio and narrative statement), how others (two recommendations) feel about my contributions, and what works I am proud of (three artifacts).

This process has challenged me to continue to strive for excellence. In some ways strive to "live up" to the remarks made by those I work with.

It encouraged me. I am making a difference. Others believe in me.

I stretched myself! I went out on a limb. I tried something new, hard and I even shared it with you....which in and of itself is a big accomplishment.

Da...ta...da....

I present to you, Carol Nelson, nominee for ISTE SIGTE Award in Teacher Education.

I present to you, Carol Nelson, winner for stretching herself to achieve personal and professional growth!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

Return of....