The View

I shared this with the teachers at my school as a follow up from a first of the year challenge. I thought today that I would share it with whoever else needs to hear it.

-----

The View

At the beginning of the year, I challenged you that this year might be like a mountain hike. The view to some would look steep and daunting. We looked at some equipment that we would need along the way: hydration pack, walking stick, poncho, etc.

I was thinking today as we have reached the half way point in the year, that it as if we have climbed the mountain. We can stand upon the peak and gaze out. Right now, enjoy the view (the break)! 

There may be times that you will look back at how far we have come. For many, the climb has not been easy. There have been slips and falls; sprained ankles and broken bones. Our patience and endurance has been tested, But we have made it!

Now before us is another view….down. The climb down the mountain will require as much equipment, patience and endurance as the climb up. However, the end will now be in sight as we descend. 

We have to careful to not slip as we descend. There will be parts of the journey where you will have to lean heavily on your walking sticks for stability. We have a wonderful family to lean on here at ECS, but ultimately we have an AMAZING heavenly Father. I am guilty of not using His walking sticks and trying to rely on my own feet. 

There will be times that we will forget to hydrate or stop for a snack…thinking we can “power through” to the end. The downhill climb is just at draining, just in different ways. Take time to rest and renew.

Focus on the path in front of you. Too often I find myself looking too far down the path. How will I spend the summer? What will next year be like? What will I do next year? It can distract us from the here and now…the rock in the path, the loose ground, but also the beautiful things along the path.


I pray as we come back in January, on top of the mountain, that we experience the fullness of the mountain top experience. How fitting that we have spiritual emphasis our week back! Let us be ready to be equipped for our journey! 
-----
I hope that you will enjoy the view around you! Take some time to step back and enjoy it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

EvaluatingTechnology

idi0t?